Created: January 2022
Intent: To fulfill the guidelines in the bylaws of the Chittenden Dammers by assisting with local and regional donations of financial or physical assistance in accordance with section (2) article (A) below.
- A nonprofit corporation that centers around all the positive attributes of snowmobiling and all the camaraderie and enthusiasm that it creates within the membership and using these attributes to assist in raising funds and performing acts of charity, including but not limited to: preventing cruelty to children or animals, the distressed or under privileged and relief of the poor, locally and regionally.
The board of directors of the Chittenden Dammers at the regular monthly October meeting will query members for submittals in regard to what physical act or acts to be fulfilled and/or financial assistance distributed.
The board of directors of the Chittenden Dammers at the November meeting will determine what physical act or acts to be fulfilled and/or financial assistance distributed. The criteria will include but not be limited to the following:
- All submittals made by members at the regular October meeting
- Any need brought to the attention of the board by any member
- Any charities as listed in the current bylaws
- Any special circumstance that may arise if it is in accordance with the current bylaws
The board will consider the items proposed and based on the current financial position of the club, will determine if the club would be able to carry out financial assistance for the current period or not. If funds are available, the Board of Directors (based on the above criteria) will determine what manpower and/or financial assistance would be awarded and submit this information to the club members for a vote at the November meeting.
If the list is approved by a vote of the club members, all financial assistance will be distributed within 60 days of the following calendar year.
The current donation goal is 5% of the club’s yearly income after expenses (example, $20,000 net income after expenses would equal $1,000 donation). This goal would be a guideline only to use as a parameter. It can be adjusted in the future to maximize support. Each year the board would review current financial levels, short term (less than one year) one-time impending expenses, if any, and decide on an amount or determine to skip a year based on the current financial situation.